Hopeless Love Bites - Choc Chip Cookies
If there are two things we are passionate about here at Hopeless HQ its lingerie and food. If you follow us on Pinterest, or if you've read any of our product descriptions, you might know this already!
Since the very beginning, Hopeless has been about much more than underwear. We believe in adventures, treating yourself - frequently, doing and wearing whatever you please, and living life to it's absolute fullest.
With this in mind we are very excited to share the first in an ongoing series called "Hopeless Love Bites" - we hope you bake these in your knickers, share them with your friends (or don't...) and if you take any photos, please send them to us! And make sure you hashtag #hopelesslingerie and #hopelesslovebites
Each recipe has been lovingly created by Domi and enthusiastically tested by all the girls in Hopeless office.
To us, a really good cookie involves a few things:
1. Chewy and squishy in the middle
2. Crumbly and crunchy on the edges
3. Plenty of chocolate or other little extras
4. A little bit of salt on top for that extra somethin’ somethin’
Feel free to mix it up a little bit, and substitute the choc chips for pretty much anything else you like in a cookie! You can double or triple the recipe and make a few variations. Leave out the chocolate chips and separate up the dough, add some chopped up dried cranberries and macadamias to one lot, or a few tablespoons of peanut butter and some Reese's Pieces in the other. Dried blueberries and white chocolate chunks are definitely a favourite.
The one thing that makes all the difference is letting the mix sit in the fridge for at least a few hours before baking. It's best to make up the dough the night before you plan to bake them, so they get around 24 hours in the fridge.
CHOC CHIP COOKIES
1 & 3/4 cups Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
175g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
1/2 cup Castor Sugar
3/4 cups Brown Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
3/4 cup Chocolate Chips (I prefer Milk Chocolate, but use whatever you prefer!)
Sea Salt Flakes
Makes approx 24 cookies
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
2. Melt butter in the microwave or on the stove and let cool to almost room temperature
3. In a separate bowl, add butter to sugar. Mix on medium speed with a hand mixer or stand mixer for a couple of minutes until well combined
4. Add egg and vanilla essence to the butter and sugar mixture. Continue to mix on medium speed until well combined.
5. Add dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined (over mixing here can result in hard and flat cookies)
6. Add choc chips and mix through just enough to get them nicely dispersed
7. Separate the dough into 2 pieces and form each into a disc. Wrap in cling film and leave in the fridge overnight (Try your best not to eat all the dough while you wait… it‘s not easy...)
8. When you are ready to bake, preheat a fan forced oven to 150C (302F)
9. Line a baking tray with baking paper or a silicone baking sheet, form dough into tablespoon sized balls and arrange on the tray. Press down slightly and season each cookie with a little sea salt
10. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, you want them to be golden all over and nicely browned around the edges
11. Remove and place on a wire rack to cool
Photos: Gabrielle Adamidis
Model: Lana Blizzard
Recipe: Dominique Adamidis